Home > - dl Privacy
Before calling Member Services to schedule your Comprehensive Wellness ProfileTM, you must read and agree to the following Privacy Notice and Direct Laboratory Services disclaimer:
Direct Laboratory Services, Inc. (DLS) is located at:
300 Mariners Plaza Suite 321
Mandeville, LA 70448
(1.) We will not sell or provide secure proprietary information input by customers to any outside parties.
(2.) No customer information is kept on the publicly available server.
By accessing this web site, users agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of the guidelines set out in this Disclaimer. Do not consult this web site unless you agree not to hold DLS liable for any errors or omissions.
We offer laboratory services for wellness monitoring. The tests, services or products found listed in our web site are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure disease. We give no warranty that any of our services will prevent disease. All material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to be a substitute for a physician's consultation. Although DLS encourages increased self-awareness and self-care, all readers are strongly encouraged to consult and work with an experienced health-care
practitioner. DLS does not engage in rendering medical advice or services. Individuals with health disorders, medical conditions, or any condition needing medical supervision assume full responsibility for obtaining such professional medical assistance. Consult your physician regarding any symptoms or medical condition. We specifically disclaim any expressed or implied warranties or merchantability of fitness for any particular usage, application or purpose. DLS does not recommend self-diagnosis or self-medication, and no information within this web site or presented by DLS or its associates may be construed or interpreted as recommending self-diagnosis or self-medication.
If a laboratory test result is outside normal range, you may be encourages to see a physician. Many tests, to be validated, will need to be repeated at the discretion of a physician. Laboratory test results may vary depending upon age, sex, time of day blood sample is taken, diet, medications, and the limits of modern technology. A single laboratory test or group of tests cannot guarantee good health. False positive and false negative test results are possible. There are various medical diseases that cannot be uncovered by these tests alone. Testing by our medical staff only constitutes a partial evaluation of your state of health and does not represent a diagnosis or treatment of disease.
DLS shall not be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury caused in whole or in part by procuring, compiling, interpreting, delivering or reporting information through this web site. In no event shall DLS be liable to you or anyone else for any decisions made or action taken or not taken by you in reliance on such information. Material placed online by users does not represent medical advice of DLS and we make no representations with respect to the accuracy, reliability, completeness, timeliness or usefulness of the contents.
Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW MEDICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY AND REPORT ANY GRIEVANCE TO THE DLS PRIVACY OFFICIAL.
The Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal program that requires that all medical records and other individually identifiable health information used or disclosed by us in any form, whether electronically, on paper, or orally, are kept properly confidential. This Act gives you, the Patient, significant new rights to understand and control how your health information is used. HIPAA provides penalties for covered entities that misuse personal health information.
We have prepared this "Summary Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices" to explain how we are required to maintain the privacy of your health information and how we may use and disclose your health information. A Notice of HIPAA Privacy Practices containing a more complete description of the uses and disclosures of your health information is available to you upon request.
We may use and disclose your medical records for each of the following purposes: treatment, payment, and health care operations:
TREATMENT means providing, coordinating, or managing health care and related services by one or more health care providers
PAYMENT means such activities as obtaining reimbursement for services, billing or collection activities and utilization review.
HEALTH CARE OPERATIONS include the business aspects of running our laboratory service practice, such as conducting quality assessment and improvement activities, auditing functions, cost-management analysis and customer service.
We may also create and distribute de-identified health information by removing all references to individually identifiable information.
We may contact you to provide laboratory draw site information or other health-related services that may be of interest to you.
Any other uses and disclosures will be made only with your written authorization. You may revoke such authorization in writing and we are required to honor and abide by that written request, except to the extent that we have already taken actions relying on y our authorization.
You have the following rights with respect to your protected health information, which you can exercise by presenting a written request to the DLS Privacy Officer:
1. You have the right to ask for restrictions on the ways we use and disclose your health information for treatment, payment and health care operations. You may also request that we limit our disclosures to persons assisting your care. We will consider your request, but are not required to accept it.
2. You have the right to request that you receive communications containing your protected health information from us by alternative means or at alternative locations. For example, you may ask that we only contact you at home or by mail.
3. Except under certain circumstances, you have the right to inspect and copy medical, billing and other records used to make decisions about you. If you ask for copies of this information, we may charge you a nominal fee for copying and mailing.
4. If you believe that information in y our records is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct the existing information or add missing information. Under certain circumstances, we may deny your request, such as when the information is accurate and complete.
5. You have a right to receive a list of certain instances when we have used or disclosed your medical information. We are not required to include in the list uses and disclosures for your treatment before April 14, 2003 among others. If you ask for this information from us more than once every twelve months, we may charge you a fee.