Home > Member Benefits - Basic Benefits
Licensed Clinical Counseling
HCCUA has chosen LifeEvents™ to provide you and your family members with free access to behavioral health experts anytime – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Licensed clinical staff are always available to give you help on the phone for any problems or stresses that may pop up, including issues related to:
- Alcohol & drug abuse
- Legal/Financial difficulties
- Other emotional/personal challenges or stresses
All calls are answered directly by licensed, degreed clinical staff, and all services are handled with complete confidentiality. Each covered individual and eligible family member is entitled to unlimited telephonic counseling per episode.
The Process from Start to Finish:Member Initiates Contact - To ensure that members receive help when needed, licensed counselors are readily accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year via a dedicated toll free number. Non-English speaking members also have 24x7x365 assistance via bilingual staff and affiliates, as well as through an online translation service with capabilities in over 140 languages.
The Counselor will:
- Explain the role of the Counselor
- Ensure confidentiality
- Conduct an initial assessment
- Determine member’s needs and related resources
Counselor Aligns Appropriate Resource - Counselors work with members every step of the way, from assessment, through recommendation and follow-up.The Counselor will:
Counselor Assesses Progress and Takes Next Steps - After the initial assessment, the Counselor follows up with the local Provider to coordinate recommendations.
- Schedule an appointment for in-person assessment
- Involve, where needed, a dependent care with a local Provider, coordinator or legal or financial professional to
- Directly refer member to a community agency or local assistance in securing resources and arranging referrals.
- Suggest hospitalization if an emergency situation is evident.
Satisfaction and ClosureCounselors will follow-up with member in a timely fashion to ensure quality and satisfaction of services. Counselors close the case only after determining with member, and the Provider, that the issue has been successfully resolved and that member has completed all recommended treatment.
- Recommendations may include referrals to local
- For work/life issues, the Counselor oversees the mental health providers, detoxification facilities, and resource search
- Also ensures that the consultation hospitals, physicians, short-term counseling and resources provided have addressed the issues
- Coordinates with member’s benefit plan to ensure a presented seamless service progress.